As Woody Allen famously said, “showing up is 80% of life” and, I would venture, a good part of the other 20% is where you show up and when.
Today I’m going to make the case for you to show up and join me next month at the Ritz Carlton in Singapore for the All That Matters conference, which is taking place next month – from 9-13 September 2017.
Why should you join me in Asia this September? Because that’s where the money is.
Asia represents 60% of the world’s population, half the global economy and the highest levels of population and economic growth on the planet.
No matter the size of your business, if you are in the business of music, entertainment, at a brand, ad agency, in sports or technology, you need an Asian market strategy, and that means you need to get the right information, connect with the right people, and access the right networks to grow your business in Asia.
And where is that information? Those people? The networks? In Singapore at All That Matters.
Over 1,300 will attend and speak at All That Matters from across the region and across every major facet of entertainment, sports, technology, branding, sponsorship and media.
All That Matters is the only event that truly connects you to the top people from every major market in the region – India, SE Asia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea and across the planet.
Here’s a small sample of the people from all the world that are speaking:
- Lyor Cohen – Global head of Music, YouTube
- Cussion Pang – CEO – Tencent Music Entertainment Group
- Joshua Burke – Global head of Music Sourcing – Coca-Cola
- Ty Roberts – CTO – Universal Music Group
- Iichiro Noda, CEO, Tunecore
- Ken Ohtake, EVP, Corporate Planning, Sony Music Entertainment Japan
- Hartwig Masuch – CEO – BMG
- Alan Gilpin – CEO, World Rugby Cup – World Rugby
- Chase Carey – Chairman & CEO – Formula 1
- Johnson Yeh – Head of China Esports – Riot Games
- NP Singh, CEO, Sony Pictures Networks
- Italo Zanzi – EVP & MD, Sports – Fox Networks Group Asia
- Giles Morgan – Global Head of Sponsorships and Events – HSBC
- Matt Derella – Global VP, Revenue and Operations – Twitter
- Rob Roy, VP of Content Acquisition, Netflix
- Justin Ang, Head & Vice President, Product, StarHub
- Tony Zameczkowski, VP, Business Development, Asia, Netflix
- Hosi Simon, Global General Manager, VICE
- Tea Uglow, Itinerant Creative Director, Google
But there’s way more to All That Matters than a bunch of bold-faced names holding court on stage (as cool as that is). There’s are opportunities to meet speakers, network with attendees and sponsors, as well as hear amazing music all day and night at showcases taking place all over Singapore.
And then there’s sync… and that’s where we come in.
SYNC MATTERS 2017 PREVIEW
Specific to the worlds of music, messaging, brands and media – sync, composition and beyond – we at SyncSummit have been privileged to partner with All That Matters for the past three years to organize an event-within-the-event called Sync Matters that focuses on the opportunities to connect Asian music to global projects and to connect music from the rest of the world to Asian projects in TV, film, games, mobile, the Internet, in advertising and as part of branded campaigns.
And some amazing people are going to join us for keynotes, roundtable and networking sessions, including:
A keynote on the business of music, brands and media with:
- Joshua Burke, Head of Global Music Sourcing, Coca-Cola
A one-on-one on Cool Japan in 2018 and beyond: Sports, entertainment and the opportunity for the Japanese music industry with:
- Ken Ohtake, EVP, Corporate Development, Sony Music Entertainment Japan
A panel covering the challenges and opportunities in licensing music for and from the Asian market with:
- Joel Panugayan, Head of Marketing, Personal Systems – South East Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Korea, Hewlett Packard
- Stephan Leonard, Director, APAC Synch, Kobalt Music
- Mandar Thakur, COO, Times of India Music
- Devraj Sanyal, MD & CEO, Universal Music Group India & South Asia
Focus on: Music and the Unilever brand with:
- Big Sync COO Phil Lawlor
A Keynote on the keys to interaction and activation with:
- Young and Rubicam’s Director of Innovation and Activation, Catherine Patterson.
The goal of Sync Matters is to give people who attend access to the people, the intelligence and the networks necessary to do business in the Asian music+media market.
Truly, it’s one of the most worthwhile events you can attend and I hope you’ll join us.
If you want to join us at All That Matters and Sync Matters in September, we’re offering our friends in the extended SyncSummit family an exclusive discount – $500 off get a full VIP pass to the entire All That Matters conference for $799 versus the standard $1299 rate.
Just click here to sign up for a VIP pass, and enter the code SYNCATM17 when prompted to take advantage of your exclusive discount.
And, if you want to get some visibility for your company, or have any questions about the event, just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll be happy to help.
I really hope we see you at All That Matters in Singapore – it’s an event that’s definitely worth the trip!